Avans University of Applied Sciences offers a 5-month long “Minor” that is equal to 30 European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS) points. This is equal to 1/2 year of study or one full semester. The focus of the minor is looking not only on what the impacts of human societies are at this time, but also what the future holds as we move forward.
The Environmental Geography Minor is given every year from September through January, which corresponds to the Fall Semester. The minor is divided into 4 courses/trainings and 3 projects. Furthermore, there are two elective courses that you may take.
The courses and trainings are:
- Geodatabases (3 ECTS credits)
- Cartography (3 ECTS credits)
- Biodiversity and Biotechnology (2 ECTS credits)
- Environmental Change (2 ECTS credits)
The projects are:
- Environmental Change (9 ECTS credits)
- Biobased Environments (9 ECTS credits)
The elective courses are:
- Introduction to Geographic Information Systems* (2 ECTS credits)
- Introduction to Databases (2 ECTS credits)
*If you have not already taken an introduction to Geographuc Information Systems course, then it is highly recommended that you take this elective course.